Michael E. Rehr has been a practicing attorney in South Florida since 1980 and the owner of his own law firm since 1984.
Our office represents condominium associations, unit owners and developers in all aspects of condominium law.
We also represent homeowner associations and homeowners in all aspects of homeowner association law.
His work on behalf of condominium associations includes:
- enforcement of covenants and restrictions
- arbitration of disputes in the Division of Condominiums
- collection of assessments including recording condominium liens and filing foreclosures suits
- amendment of the Declaration of Condominium and Bylaws
- interpretation of The Condominium Act and other statutes
- negotiation of contracts for operating the condominium
- advice on how to properly conduct elections
- advice on how to adopt special assessments
- advice on borrowing money from a bank
- general advice and counseling to the board of directors.
On behalf of unit owners, he
- represents their rights in arbitration and litigation,
- asserts legal defenses of unit owners, including selective enforcement, statute of limitations, and boards acting beyond their authority,
- handles Petitions for Recall to remove members of the board,
- seek amicable resolutions of condominium disputes with their associations.
- defends excessive demands for interest, late fees and attorney collection fees.
He handles similar matters related to homeowner associations under Chapter 720 of Florida Statutes and the governing documents of the homeowner association.
On behalf of condominium developers:
- drafting the Declaration of Condominium and other condominium documents to create the condominium for newly constructed condominiums and condominium conversions.
- representing Developers in the process of turning over control of the Association to the unit owners.
For more information about Mr. Rehr and his practice, you may access the links stated below.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.